Many iPad owners who are also torrent users often wonder if they could combine these two pleasures. That is, they know that they can, but can they do it without jailbreaking their devices? Well, the answer is yes, and today we are going to show you how to do it.
It is a well-known fact that you can use iOS devices for downloading torrents. Not only is it possible, but it is actually very easy. Most of the time, doing so requires a jailbroken device. You can then easily install Torrent Downloader App, and be on your merry way.
However, the idea is to see how to download torrents on an iOS device without a jailbreak.
Why should you use torrents on your iPad?
First of all, let’s talk about why would you want to use torrents? Contrary to the popular opinion, they are not only used for piracy. Torrents and torrenting are a way of sharing files between devices. They are still in use today because they are reliable, competent, and don’t require high speed.
The last part is especially important for many users since high internet speed is still not that widespread today. Besides, if you use torrenting in combination with the right port, your download speed might go sky high.
Your connection speed won’t limit it, and you should exploit this information as much as you can.
iOS users have it a bit more difficult than Android users. This is because of the fact that Google Play Store is full of torrenting apps that don’t require a jailbreak. On the other hand, the Apple App Store has not a single one such app.
This is all because of Apple’s copyright policy, and they don’t really like torrenting that much. That is why you will simply have to turn to a different source. Get one of these torrenting apps from the Cydia store. That is if you are OK with the whole jailbreaking story. If not, then you will need the following guide.
How can you download torrents on iPad?
For the purpose of explaining how to download torrents on iPad, we are going to focus on a download manager ‘iDownloader’. You can find it in your App Store and get it without issues. You will need this software in order to download torrents without jailbreak.
Another thing that we are going to need to use is two websites. The general idea is to make your own browser act like a torrent client.
Before downloading torrents, you will need:
- A download manager like we said before. iDownloader is a good one, or alternatively, you can use UC browser. Once again, both are available in the App Store.
- A torrenting website or two. You will need them in order to find torrents that you wish to download. Just pick your favorite if you have one. If not, a quick Google search will help you out.
Step-by-step guide on how to download torrents on iPad
- Launch a download manager on your iPad and open the browser that it provides you with.
- Next, go to the torrenting website that you prefer, and find the content that you wish to download.
- Hold the download link of the chosen torrent.
- A pop-up will appear, and you will get 3 options, which are Open, Copy, and Cancel. Tap Copy.
- Next, open a new tab in the browser that you are using, and go to www.zbigz.com.
- On this website, find a field for URLs, and paste the link of the torrent you just copied. Then tap the Go button.
- In a couple of moments, zbigz will provide you with a new download link.
- When the link is complete, tap the download button next to the file’s name. Once again, you will get three options. This time, those will include Download, Open, and Copy Link. You should choose Download, and the process will start.
You can also tap the download icon that is at the bottom of the iDownloader’s app.
The file you have just downloaded will end up in the iDownloader’s ‘Files’ segment.
Compatibility of this method
When it comes to operating systems, this method of torrent downloading without jailbreaking your device will work on all iOS versions from iOS 6 to iOS 10.
As for devices, any iPhone from iPhone 4 to iPhone 7 plus can handle it. The same goes for every iPad from iPad Air, and all of its versions. Also, iPad mini and its versions, as well as iPad Pro.
As for iPod Touch, only fourth and fifth generation are compatible.
Torrenting is very widely used and extremely helpful. It doesn’t require high speeds on your end, and it is a great way of sharing files. Torrenting works on desktops and laptops for years now, so why not on iOS devices as well?
It is true that Apple is making it hard to use this method of file sharing. However, if you follow our instructions, you can do it with ease. Hopefully, this guide was able to help you with your downloads.