When it comes to online streaming, we absolutely love fantasies and serial dramas, especially if they resemble historical moments in the history of humanity. We tend to imagine what it would be like if we lived in that moment in time, several centuries ago. It’s fun to think about that!
Game of Thrones has been, from the very first moment, a huge success, both regarding critics’ reviews and by economics. The show has one of the broadest and most geographically diverse fan bases in the history of TV series, and each season has had a huge chunk of the audience share.
The series is broadcast on HBO, which happens to be one of the most famous American networks. People in the United States won’t have any issues watching the eight season of Game of Thrones, which is slated to premiere on April 14, 2019.
However, international viewers won’t have easy access to HBO via cable, terrestrial, or satellite television, and if they open HBO’s streaming platform, they will get rebuffed because of geographical restrictions. That applies to Kodi users as well, as international add-ons would be unavailable.
Thankfully, you can use a location-spoofing app to gain access to blocked add-ons on Kodi. Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, are the most efficient unblocking tools to use in the online streaming platform.
Game of Thrones: a record series
Game of Thrones is an American TV series, aired on HBO. It has completed seven seasons, with the eighth about to premiere in April, after several months of high expectations. It is classified as a serial drama/fantasy production, and it was created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, based on “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R. R. Martin.
To this date, a total of 67 episodes have aired. Production locations include Northern Ireland, Croatia, Iceland, Spain, Malta, Morocco, Scotland, Canada, and the United States. It premiered on April 17, 2011. The eighth will be the last season of the show.
Game of Thrones is set on the fictional continents of Essos and Westeros. The series has attracted millions of fans around the world, with record viewership on HBO. Critics have lauded its complexity, characters, acting, production values, and story, but the show is controversial due to the frequency with which nudity, sex, and violence are incorporated in the scenes.
To this day, Game of Thrones has received numerous accolades, including 47 Primetime Emmy Awards (most notably, Outstanding Drama Series in 2015, 2016 and 2018.) It is one of the “deadliest” series in the TV industry: a 2012 study of deaths per episode ranked it second out of 40 recent U.S. TV drama series, with an average of 14.
- Sean Bean as Eddard “Ned” Stark
- Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister
- Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark
- Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
- Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen
- Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont
- Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Richard Madden as Robb Stark
- Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
- Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark
- Jack Gleeson as Joffrey Baratheon
- Rory McCann as Sandor “The Hound” Clegane
- Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo
- Aidan Gillen as Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth
- John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
- Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon
- Carice van Houten as Melisandre
- James Cosmo as Jeor Mormont
- Jerome Flynn as Bronn
- Conleth Hill as Varys
- Sibel Kekilli as Shae
- Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
- Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
- Oona Chaplin as Talisa Maegyr
- Rose Leslie as Ygritte
- Joe Dempsie as Gendry
- Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane
- Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
- Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton
- Hannah Murray as Gilly
- Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei
- Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand
- Dean-Charles Chapman as Tommen Baratheon
- Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H’ghar
- Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton
- Jonathan Pryce as The High Sparrow
Game of Thrones is aired by American network HBO in the United States, and by other pay television providers in other nations, some of them being Showcase (in Australia;) HBO Canada, Super Écran, and Showcase in Canada; HBO Latin America in Latin America; SoHo and Prime in New Zealand, and Sky Atlantic in the United Kingdom and Ireland, among others.
Kodi: a highly customizable entertainment center
Kodi is a highly customizable streaming resource that acts as a home theater because it lets subscribers reproduce music, video, slideshows, and more. It is free and provides some of the best Internet content, such as videos, TV series, movies, songs, concerts, documentaries, websites, and more.
The service, an open source project, is available in numerous devices and platforms, such as Android, Linux, iOS, macOS, or Windows. You can use Kodi on your smartphone or Smart TV and achieve the ultimate entertainment experience.
Kodi is like a big puzzle in which you can customize and add elements to “complete” the best streaming experience around. It can play locally stored content, but it is more famous because of its ability to reproduce online content via add-ons.
The add-ons are “patches” that allow access to all kinds of shows, programs, movies, apps, and games that were created and developed by third parties. They can be official (approved by Kodi) or unofficial. The latter group can be a bit unreliable but encompasses the best and most entertaining content.
To watch Game of Thrones on Kodi, you need add-ons to see American TV shows online. Some of them are USTVNow, PlayStation Vue, JesusBox, Game of Thrones Exodus, and others.
VPN for Kodi, a fantastic idea for content unblocking
Kodi is significantly better with a VPN. Virtual Private Networks, as the full name shows, can provide privacy while browsing and using services such as Kodi because it can hide the user’s IP address (which shows its location) and traffic.
VPN services manage a list of servers, each one attached to an IP address from a specific country. Connecting to one of those servers would mean that the content, pages, streaming services, and Kodi addons from that nation will become available for the user.
VPNs use tunneling protocols, such as OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, PPTP, and more, to create a virtual tunnel for the user’s information to pass through, protected from hackers, crypto miners, malware developers, and other agents; as well as avoiding situations like geo-blocking, copyright enforcement, censorship, government surveillance, and targeted advertising.
The technology is meant to offer privacy and security enhancement, but it has become an excellent content unblocking resource because users can choose where to “connect” from, accessing international add-ons to watch Game of Thrones on Kodi.
|Pick a VPN!||VPN||Price for 1 month sub||Site Rating||Buy Now|
|Best VPN||$5 a month (code "best10VPN")||9.9|
|Good VPN||$9 a month||8.9|
|Decent VPN||$6.95 a month||8.8|
How to Watch Game of Thrones on Kodi with a VPN
- Run Kodi
- Go to “Add-ons”
- Click on “Package Installer”, on the upper left corner of the screen
- Select “Install from Repository”
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository
- Click on “Video Add-ons”
- Select “PS Vue”
- Install it
- After you see the notification that the PS Vue is enabled, return to Kodi’s home screen
- Choose the ‘Addons’ tab
- The recently installed PS Vue add-on will appear there
- Click on the PS Vue add-on
- Write your Playstation Vue username and password.
- After logging in, you can watch HBO and Game of Thrones on PS Vue on Kodi
TorGuard: the best VPN to watch Game of Thrones on Kodi
TorGuard, with a perfect combination of encryption quality, security measures, privacy, speeds, and server park, is the best VPN brand to watch Game of Thrones on Kodi, no matter where you are.
To use TorGuard and its fantastic speeds to watch Game of Thrones on Kodi, all you need to do is go to its website (or the app store in your device,) register, create a username and a password, download the client or app, and connect to an American server to earn a US-based IP address.
In conclusion, to watch Game of Thrones on Kodi, you need to unblock an add-on that can show HBO content. To spoof your location and achieve that, use a VPN, and you won’t regret it.