Online streaming has quietly become the most widespread ways to find entertainment on the Internet. It is highly convenient, it is often free or inexpensive, and you don’t have to get out of your home. Also, most platforms have hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of movies and TV series available for users in several locations.
These platforms have all genres available for streamers: action, dramas, comedies, sci-fi, fantasy, animated, westerns, horror, and many more. In the last few years, people have shown a marked interest in historical dramas, as they involve interesting plots while living in other times with much different customs, traditions, cultures, and manners.
Such is the case of Vikings. It is a highly enticing TV production based on a different time in history. After a successful fifth season, the sixth one will start sometime in late 2019, and you can watch it on Kodi Krypton (version 17) and other platforms as well. However, the series is geo-blocked to the United States because History Channel, Hulu, and Vudu, the networks that hold broadcasting rights, only work in the United States of America.
To watch season 6 of Vikings on Kodi Krypton, you need to be in America or find a way to unblock add-ons that show the channels and networks that broadcast the show. To spoof your location and enjoy the production from abroad, you need a VPN or Virtual Private Network.
Vikings: a historical drama for the ages!
Vikings is a historical drama produced and broadcast in the United States by the History Channel, Vudu, and Hulu. The sixth season will premiere on late 2019 or early 2020. The show Is created and written by Michael Hirst and is filmed in Ireland.
Vikings, a show that has earned respect and love of millions of fans around the world, first aired on March 3, 2013. It is based on the sagas of Viking Ragnar Lothbrok, which is a legendary Norse hero and notorious as the scourge of England and France.
The aforementioned Ragnar is portrayed as a farmer that, thanks to successful raids in England, rises to fame and, later down the road, becomes a Scandinavian king with the support of his inner circle, formed by trustworthy warriors and his family members.
The unexpected happens, and Ragnar is no longer around to exercise his kingdom, and the later seasons focus on his descendants and their quests in defending the lands of England, Scandinavia, and the Mediterranean.
The series shows a picture of the early medieval Scandinavia and follows the 13th-century sagas (also called fictional tales) of Ragnars Loðbrókar and Ragnarssona þáttr.
The announcement that every fan was trying to avoid came in January 2019: the sixth season will be the final one, so don’t miss out on all the action and get Hulu, Vudu, or the History Channel if you want to watch Vikings, the season 6, on Kodi Krypton.
- Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok (seasons 1–4)
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha
- Clive Standen as Rollo (seasons 1–4; recurring season 5)
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy (seasons 1–3)
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- George Blagden as Athelstan (main seasons 1–3; recurring season 4)
- Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson (season 1)
- Alyssa Sutherland as Aslaug (seasons 1–4)
- Donal Logue as Horik of Denmark (seasons 1–2)
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn Ironside (seasons 2–present)
- Linus Roache as Ecbert of Wessex (seasons 2–4)
- Ben Robson as Kalf (seasons 3–4)
- Kevin Durand as Harbard (seasons 3–4)
- Lothaire Bluteau as Charles of West Francia (seasons 3–4)
- John Kavanagh as The Seer (recurring seasons 1–3; main seasons 4–5)
- Peter Franzén as Harald Finehair (seasons 4–present)
- Jasper Pääkkönen as Halfdan the Black (seasons 4–5)
- Moe Dunford as Aethelwulf (recurring seasons 2–4; main seasons 4–5)
- Alex Høgh as Ivar the Boneless (seasons 4–present)
- Marco Ilsø as Hvitserk (seasons 4–present)
- David Lindström as Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye (season 4)
- Jordan Patrick Smith as Ubbe (seasons 4–present)
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Bishop Heahmund (seasons 4–5)
Where to watch the sixth season of Vikings
- History Channel (USA)
- History Channel (Canada)
- Hulu (USA)
- Vudu (USA)
- Amazon Prime (UK)
Kodi Krypton: the ultimate streaming experience
If you are looking for healthy entertainment options on the web, you can be sure that no free tool is more complete than Kodi. Formerly known as the Xbox Media Center, Kodi (and its latest version, the Krypton) functions as a home theater because it lets you reproduce music and video, slideshows, and Internet content without having to pay.
Kodi Krypton can reproduce content in the device’s local storage but is more widely known for playing things found on the Internet, such as music, videos, movies, series, games, and even software. Kodi is an open source software creation that can turn Android, Linux, iOS, macOS, Windows, and other devices or operating systems into virtual multimedia centers.
Kodi has a highly customizable interface. Not only there are several “skins,” themes, and looks to provide an aesthetical makeup, but also, you can put together your own streaming experience thanks to official and unofficial add-ons, which are “patches” that let users access programs that were created and developed by third parties.
The Kodi add-ons can be official (recognized by the Kodi foundation) or unofficial, which are usually the most entertaining even though they are unreliable by nature. Lots of add-ons can let you watch the Season 6 of Vikings on Kodi because they can show American channels like the History Channel.
Installing official add-ons on Kodi Krypton
- Launch Kodi
- Choose the Add-ons option
- Look for the available add-ons by using the Add-on browser. You can install add-ons directly from the official Kodi repository by clicking on the package icon
- Click/tap on the Install from repository option.
- Here, Kodi will show you a list of folders with Kodi’s official repos. To install one, choose its name. In case you have an unofficial repo installed in your network, you will see a list of available ones
- Click “Install” when you look at the details of your chosen Add-on.
- Now, your add-on will show a check at the left.
- Choose the “Open” button to launch your add-on
Installing unofficial add-ons on Kodi Krypton
- Launch Kodi
- Access “Settings”
- Go to System Settings
- Look for the Standard option at the bottom left
- Double click on the option: it will now read “Expert.”
- Now, click on Add-ons.
- Access the Unknown Sources option
- Ignore or dismiss the warning message
- Choose “Yes”
- Return to Kodi’s home screen
- Go to the File Manager
- Select the Add Source option and double click
- When prompted to Add a source, select “None.”
- Write the URL of the repository you want to add
- Click OK
- Write the repo’s name where it says “Enter a name.”
- Click Ok
- Return to the File Manager option
- Now, you will see your created source
- Return to Kodi’s home screen
- Select the Add-ons option
- Click on the package symbol
- Pick the “Install from zip file” option
- Choose your chosen source name: you will now see folders and subfolders
- Look for the right path
- Choose the .zip file of the repo you want
- The installation will soon begin
- Now, select the Install from repository option
- A list of the available repos will become visible. Pick the one you just installed
- Now, a list of add-ons will become visible
- Click on the add-on you want, and the layout will show the details.
- Click on “Install” in your selected add-on
- Now, the process will start. After completion, you will see a check mark next to its name
Defeating geo-blocks with VPN technology
If you want to gain access to services like and networks such as Hulu, the History Channel and Vudu outside the United States, you need an American IP address, and to get one, you need a VPN provider with servers in America.
VPNs are encryption resources that can help you hide your real IP address (the element that shows your location) and “borrow” one from a different area, providing you the tools to manipulate the place you appear to be connected from on the Internet.
The technology uses protocols to create a virtual tunnel for the user’s IP number and generated traffic to pass through, protected from geo-blocking, surveillance agencies, censorship, copyright enforcers, malware developers, hackers, cybercriminals, crypto miners, and other dangerous agents or disadvantageous situations.
To watch the Season 6 of Vikings on Kodi Krypton from any location, all you need to do is hide your real IP address with a VPN, borrow an American one, launch Kodi, and obtain an add-on that can show you the History Channel. It is as simple as that.
|Pick a VPN!||VPN||Price for 1 month sub||Site Rating||Buy Now|
|Best VPN||$5 a month (code "best10VPN")||9.9|
|Good VPN||$9 a month||8.9|
|Decent VPN||$6.95 a month||8.8|
TorGuard: the best VPN to watch the season 6 of Vikings on Kodi Krypton
TorGuard is an American brand with excellent speeds, fantastic content protection techniques, and full compatibility with the Kodi Krypton software, which means that you can use it to enjoy Vikings, no matter where you are.
The company has a strict no-logging policy, AES 256-bit encryption, excellent security features (DNS leak protection and a kill switch, just to name a couple,) a wide array of protocols to choose from (including both versions of OpenVPN,) and more than 3,000 servers in 55 nations.
In conclusion, to watch the sixth season of Vikings on Kodi Krypton from anywhere, you need to hide your real IP address, acquire an American one and enjoy the encryption and privacy that a VPN company provides.