If you’re an iOS user, you might know the annoyance of being unable to download torrents onto your iPhone. The reason being is that Apple is very strict about protecting music, video, and other copyright licenses. If people are able to download torrent files through a native app on the app store, then it means less sales for the iTunes store. At the end of the day, Apple doesn’t really want you to torrent at all on iOS, but it’s still very possible with a few tricks.
Here’s what you’ll need to torrent successfully on iOS.
- An app to play / download torrent files.
2. A website to process torrent magnet links into downloadable files.
3. A torrent website to download files.
If you’d rather watch a video on how to do this, feel free with the video I made below:
How to Download Torrents on iOS without Jailbreak with iOS 11 or any OS for iPhone / iPad
- Go to your preferred torrent site. I would recommend something like ThePiratebay, or one of these.
- Find your torrent download link, and long press the link to copy the link.
- Go to ZbigZ.com and paste the link into the bar.
- The file will process and let you stream the content. If you just want to stream the file, stop here. If you want to download, continue. Tap on the file you want, and copy the URL of the stream-able file.
- Go into your VLC media player app, and paste this URL content into the section where you can download files.
- Once you do this, you should be able to watch/listen to the file within the VLC app or keep it on your phone.
Remeber to Protect your Torrent Activity on iPhone!
Just like on PC, your ISP and others mailing letters to your ISP can find your IP address and get you in trouble for using P2P protocols and downloading torrents. This means you’ll need a good, secure, and fast VPN to use on iPhone to protect your activity. I would recommend using one of the three from the chart below, since they all have good iOS apps.